Saturday, January 26, 2008

1st Annual Quartz Hill Triathlon


On Saturday, Quartz Hill (the elementary school where I teach) hosted a mini-triathlon (1.5 mile run, 1.5 mile bike, 1 mile walk) for all the students, faculty members, parents and grandparents that are part of our school community. Being that it was the first year we have done this event, we were unsure as to what kind of turn out to expect. In spite of a small amount of confusion, and participants running through an active construction zone, it ended up being a wonderful experience for the kids and parents, both. Since I was on the planning committee, I did not participate in the actual race because I was partly responsible for making sure things ran smoothly. Seeing what a good time everyone had, I will definitely participate next year!

No comments: